A weird one I’ve had recently is that when a user was printing a document in Word, some of the text became squashed together, as if you were typing on a typewriter in the same exact place over and over again.
Example: “I have a document which looks fine until I print it, then it becomes all squashed together.”
Resolution: This seems to be a very rare bug with background printing within Word. To fix this, take the following steps:
- Close any Word documents or windows that are currently open
- Open Word up (it doesn’t have to be the document with the issue)
- Click Tools > Options… > Print (tab)
- Untick the box that says “Background printing” and then click on OK
- Close out of Word, and then open up the document that you were having trouble with
The issue should now be fixed.